Streamers Country Ceramics
" Welcome to Duncan Kiln-Fire colors "
|Decorative Ceramic Bisque"CANVASES"
Courtyard Art Glazes- CY's
| "Click on Picture
for Full screen, image"
Courtyard Glazes These unique, self-antiquing, lead-free matte glazes
Courtyard Art Glazes work well with Concepts Underglazes for Majolica
Thanks to lead-free, matte Courtyard Art Glazes, you can give your ware that rich,
antiqued look in a variety of colors.
Also, these glazes are truly unique, with no two firings giving exactly the same results.
How to use Courtyard Glazes
1. Always damp - sponge ware lightly before applying glaze.
2. Courtyard Art Glazes can be applied with a sponge, spritz bottle or brush.
3. For both Low Fire and High Fire Applications, apply 2-5 coats to cone 04 bisque.
4. For Low Fire, stilt and fire to cone 06. for High Fire, fire to cone 5-6. (see label)
5. For High Fire, because high fire clays vary, we recommend firing a test piece.
6. Let dry between coats.
7. Water cleanup
- Courtyard Art Glazes can be brushed, sponged, butted together with other glazes n layered over one another.
- The shape of the ware and the thickness of application will influence the final appearance.
- When working on a smooth surfaced piece, sponge the glaze on for the first coat.
This will eliminate brush strokes, especially on the pastel colors.
- to apply the glaze to detailed ware use an inexpensive, soft bristle glaze brush, for best results
- When spritzing on Courtyard Art Glazes, use the spray or mist setting for base coat coverage.
- For full coverage, spritz on 3-4 coats depending on the color of glaze; lighter colors require more coats.
- To create detail over Spritzing, mix 1/2 Concepts color and 1/2 water.
- Use stream setting on spritz bottle for thin lines of color, spots or drip effects.
- For a raku look:, try applying them to greenware.
Brush 2-3 coats of glaze onto detailed greenware. Fire to cone 04.
The color will change a bit but the glaze will look like a Raku stoneware,
hugging and shiny in the crevasses and dry on the high detail.
- Decals on Fired Product
Apply three coats Courtyard Art Glazes. Fire. Apply decals
. Refire to cone 017.
- Weathered look: (Birdhouse)
Glaze with two generous coats of Burnt Clay.
Brush Saddle Clove on edges of shingles for a weathered tin look.
- Available in warm, rich colors, these glazes reflect the beauty of a
rustic courtyard setting
and are perfect for home decor pieces.
- With different applications of color layering,
n different applications techniques,
you'll get unique artistic pieces every time.
Always refer to label instructions for proper application and usage.
Courtyard Glazes - CY's - Glazes|
"Ready-to-Paint" "We'll Show You How!.. You'll LOVE the results"
All 4 oz. Jars $ Email for availability
Courtyard Art Glazes are formulated with texture and specks.
For a Raku look !
Top of Page
If you don't see what you need please ask.
Sponge off your bisque
to keep it free of dust and oils ( no hand lotion or salty fingers).
Use these Links to
Jump around .....
Need Help ?
All pages © Streamers Country Ceramics 1997 thru 2014. All rights reserved.